Monday, January 19, 2009

Sleepy bliss Monday haha

Gary came back into the shop today and the Buddha looks Awesome. The beads really stand out (they're green), and all the colors just pop. It's such a festive tattoo :lol

This morning we learned all about how to tune tattoo machines. It was really awesome, great information. I was bummed though... because Matt was going to tune my 2 machines while he taught us but the fucking things take metric allen wrenches and I only have one that came with the kit which is only good for the three (yes, three!) parts of the tubes. :gaah But, all I need to do is find a hardware store and pick up a set, and I can tune them while I'm here and have Matt double check it all. :) Which I totally forgot about... after school we hit the grocery store and the liquor store (haha) and that was it.

Anywayz, I did 4 tattoos today, all simple. A Capricorn sign with a name below it on a girl's upper back which turned out well and the name I was happy with.... finally I am happy with a name I inked. The Chinese symbol for love on a girls shoulder, a cover up of a name that was a tribal design on a guy's shoulder and a skull on Gary's other wrist, hehehe. It's so cool- he's got the HD on one wrist I did and this skull on the other. :) I think he won't forget me. :) heh.

I'm pooped out.

OH!! OH OHOH!!!!! I'm (95% sure) going to get a sleeve on my left arm of a phoenix. Matt's going to do it, starting after class tomorrow. And I am set for Lisa to do a tiger stripe thing on my upper back, much in the way that the leopard spots are situated on Pixie's neck, see here: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=226538006&albumID=114770&imageID=1773238

I'll have to pay for the phoenix but not the tiger stripes one.

OK. Too spacey to write. Going to shower now. Need to place a big order for supplies, since Mike has like 50 people lined up for tattoos. With all the cost involved I will have to be charging most people soon after I get home. There are some people who will get free tatts, and some who will ALWAYS get free tatts. If I charge you, and you're a friend, it will not be full price and I am open to bartering. :)

No comments: