Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bliss overflow. End of school week one.


So, today I got to do my first black and grey piece. I am happy with how it came out, although these types of pieces are hard to tell at first, as blood mixes with the ink making it look red, and distorting the shading, and the white highlights are hard to see. Luckily for me, this guy is coming back next Wed for a tattoo, a big back piece, and he wants me to do it, which is cool... but I'll get to see what this one looks like in a week! How sweet is that?? Here it is right after it was done and before we applied A&D, which is the point when all of the student tatt pics are taken. This guy's tatts are all black and grey (or at least most of them) and the one he wants next week is too, which is groovy- I hope I get to do it. On Monday we are going to learn all about fine tuning machines. Speaking of machines we got ours today. I can't wait to take it apart.




I'm going into the shop tomorrow; Matt invited us to come by if we wanted. Personally, I feel like I can't get enough, so I'm totally there. Matt has an appointment at 1pm for this guy Gary, the Teddybear I did the Harley "HD" wrist tattoo on. So I'll check that out, getting to watch, learn and hang out with some very excellent people. I mean right? Priceless. I'm so happy. :) Matt's totally awesome, his work is fantastic and he's a great teacher. And a totally nice guy.


The first tattoo I did today was a big couple of flowers on this girl's leg. This girl, Ashley, gave me full artistic go ahead with the coloring of the flowers. The shop was hopping, so I dove under radar quietly to experiment, heh. As I was working, I thought to myself, "Man, I really like this effect I'm getting", not thinking of what it might resemble or be called. Lisa comes by and said "Ohh, nice, I really like the watercolor effect." Well sweet! I love to do it! :) I used a magnum for the flower colors- deep maroon, pink, orange, and then a 5 round shader for the yellow highlights. I am THA-RILLED with this piece. On the flip side, I can point out several flaws, mostly with the outline. :( But then, she had us stencil in her daughter's name above it, and oh my goodness. I am just NOT good with names, and in my opinion it looked like crap. But, she was happy with it. Oh well. I'm going to take on more names so I can get them right.





OK

It's after 2am and I can't get to sleep. It's like I just don't want to but I do want to because I want to get up and get in some stretching, maybe a trip to the gym and some chill time before going to the shop. At this rate I it's a close call to fit it all in! Of course it doesn't help that the bar next door is crazy loud still. :(

update- I'm up at 6:30am. Perhaps I'll just give into my body's whacky business and have myself a lazy weekend, making being at the shop as much as I can my only worry. One of Lisa's clients, this really nice guy named Bob, got me a free week pass at Gold's here a couple days ago and I've yet to use it. He did that because I had asked about a gym before I even arrived. Now I feel like I'd let him down if I don't make it there, ya know? Oh well. Cross your fingers that I get back to sleep soon. :)

No comments: