Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hello my friends

It's been so long.
SO, where to begin. First of all, my beautiful phoenix tattoo now looks like absolute crap. As careful as I was to not let any of the scabs rip off before they're natural time, I still have TONS of ink loss. AND, TONS of scarring. About 1/3 of the tattoo is ruined- the head, the body and one wing. I am really not sure what to do now. I wish I could fix it myself.... I mean I could, but, since it's on my left arm, I'll need someone to hold and stretch my skin... and not move while they do so. And be patient.

Meanwhile, in other much more festive news, I've finally done some tattoos. The first one is from a pencil drawing of a psychedelic eye on my friend Ivan's forearm. I only have a craptastic cell phone pic for now, yes I was too stupid to go searching for my real camera before I bandaged him up. But I'll get a real pic soon. Here's the original drawing:



and here's the crappy pic of the finished tattoo (for now):




Then last Saturday Mr. Wise came over for one tattoo and ended up instead getting the outline to a koi he's always wanted done:






We'll finish up the coloring in a couple weeks after this heals.



Then this past Monday I fixed up a basic outline that was done by someone who had never tattooed before. Here's the before pic, what I had to work with:




And here it is after I got done with it:





We ran into Bryant yesterday and checked it out again, it looks great. Mike pointed out that there is a ton of detail you cannot see in the pic I took, and that I need a new digital camera. Well sure I do; the display screen is cracked even. But ya know? nearly 5 grand for the class, and well over a grand in supplies and I just bought a new printer/scanner/copier.... I'm sooo in debt getting into this, I just can't spend anymore. But really? A good camera is pretty essential, otherwise noone will be able to tell what I'm really doing. Sucks ya know? Too much debt. And noone has paid for their tattoos yet. And that's my bad, my mistake, a whole other blog for now.... Although I will say that I'm meeting with a woman who I met at Weight Watchers tonight to set up an appointment for her first tattoo ever. That will be a full price paid tattoo. And when I ran into Bryant yesterday he said he was so thrilled with his tattoo that he wanted me to do a sleeve on his other arm and that he'd be happy to pay full price for it. :) So stay tuned. :)

Other then that, i had a bday last Friday. It was cool. Mike was sick thru it all. I had been fighting a cold since before he got sick, now that he's feeling better I officially have this cold. I tell you, I have not been so sick so often until the past year or so, ever in my life. It sucks.

OK. that's all for now. Get back to work! LOL :)

No comments: